Pages

Sunday, September 23, 2012

The big three: Beauty bargain websites


Beauty mad? Discover the best places online to get fabulous beauty bargains!

The internet has brought many good things – social media, Skype, cute panda videos – and the not so good – social media, illegal downloading, trolling.

There’s one area the web has really affected the offline world and that’s shopping. Along with the rise of super shopping malls, the internet has meant the end of big brands, who hadn’t quite forseen how big it would be (HMV anyone?). It however, has also meant the rise of bargains. 

I love a beauty bargain!
If you’re not aware of sales sites and web boutiques, then let me lead you into a whole new way of shopping. This time, where to find the best beauty bargains…

E.L.F
If you not worried about having labeled make-up, then this is a must-bookmark site. E.L.F (short for Eyes Lips Face) produce an amazing array of cosmetics and accessories from just £1.50. If you sign up to their newsletter and follow them on Facebook, you’ll also get alerted to lots of special offers. At the moment, for example, you get a free eyeshadow if you spend over £20.

I love: Their all-over shimmer stick in Pink Lemonade. I always get compliments when I wear it and it helps me look a lot less tired after a night up with my little one.

This is the ultimate beauty superstore with every cool beauty brand housed under one (virtual reality) roof. It’s my go-to when I’m looking for cult products such as Moroccanoil, Nars and Bliss. Even though it mostly sells regular-priced products, it often has great deals and sales going on, plus a permanent beauty bargain section.

I love: Their nails section, especially Butter nail varnishes, one of the best brands I’ve ever used, plus they have great names for their olours such as Tart With A Heart and Union Jack Black.

Fancy a relaxing spa treatment? Or perhaps you’re after a new haircut at a swanky new salon? Well, this site not only offers you a choice of pampering treatments but offers them at a reduced rate, whether that’s 50% off spa breaks or a cut-price facial.

I love: Their hair combo deals. You can get up to 50% off a hair cut and colour, which makes a very expensive treatment affordable.

Don’t forget to share your favourite beauty bargain sites with me – I always need an excuse to do more shopping…

1 comment: