Pages

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Fancy having your own personal stylist?

Well thanks to fairly-new fashion website, Stylist Pick, you can have access to some of the top fashion and celebrity stylists for just £39.95 a month!

The premise of the site is that top fashion gurus such as Britain’s Next Top Model’s Grace Woodward pick a selection of stylish goodies for you to buy. When you sign up, you take a little fashion quiz and these answers determine what will appear in your showroom each month. 


Being a HUGE fashion lover, I was sold straight away. The idea that you have items picked for you by such renowned stylists was a big draw. I love Alexa Chung’s style and her stylist, Steph Stevens, is one of the chosen selectors as well as Louise Roe and Arabella Greenhill, fashion journalists with a very stylish CV. With this wealth of fashion knowledge, I was so excited to get that very first email alerting me to my personalised first pick...

And I did find something I loved – some studded ankle boots, chosen for me by Grace Woodward. However, since then I’ve been a tad disappointed in the selection chosen for me. They either look a bit cheap (and for nearly £40, I want something that doesn’t look like it has come straight of Primark’s shelf) or they’re not just quite right style-wise.

That said I do love the concept of the site and I think it can only get better. It started off as just shoes, and now bags and jewellery have been added. I think if they can start offering a few clothing picks as well, I’ll be sorted. However, it does also show that no-one knows your style like yourself. I am my best stylist and I cost absolutely nothing!

AT A GLANCE: Stylist Pick
PROS: Great concept and a reasonable price point. It’s also great that, as long as you skip your pick by a certain date, you’re not tied into buying anything, which is great for those leaner months!
CONS: Not the best – or most stylish – selection of shoes and accessories I’ve ever seen, plus the choices can be hit or miss for your own style. It would also be great if they could extend the range to include some clothing.
RATING: 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment