Pages

Thursday, September 20, 2012

Apple addicts go crazy for the new iPhone 5

Are you one of the many who are upgrading to the new iPhone 5?

I am a real gadget geek but sometimes it's just too hard (and expensive) to keep up with all the new releases. Obviously then I am not a true geek, especially not a true Apple Addict, as Apple has reported pre-orders for the new iPhone 5 have hit 2 million in just 24 hours.

Apple must be rubbing their hands with glee. Not so good for the consumer though as the demand has proved so great, many customers won’t get their mitts on their new phone until October! How annoyed would you be if you’d be on the case and pre-ordered and then discovered you won’t be in the cool gadget gang until October?

Thank god I’m not cool. I’m quite happy with my 4s and from what I’ve seen the main differences won’t be enough to have me queuing at an Apple store from midnight tonight. Yes, it’s thinner, yes, it can use 4g but I’m don’t feel that normal panic I get when a new gadget comes out and I haven’t got my mitts on it.

They’ve also updated Siri apparently… mmm. Does anyone use this? I got so excited by the feature, but it just doesn’t like my voice. It’s called the doctors when I’ve asked it to call a friend and it hates me saying my husband’s name – it just doesn’t recognize Russell for some reason!

If, like me, you're not worried about having the iPhone tomorrow, make sure you visit the Product Testing website. They're looking for people to test out the iPhone so not only do you get to have a play around with it, but you then get to keep it. Could you get a better freebie?

Anyway, maybe I’m just bitter that I’ve not got my mitts on it. Anyone out there who’s managed to grab one, please let me know if it’s worth it. Actually, don’t. Otherwise I’ll spend the next year and a half, until my phone contract expires, wishing I had one…

1 comment:

  1. Hi,

    Recently I came across some great articles on your site.
    The other day, I was discussing (http://digital-dolly.blogspot.in/2012/09/apple-addicts-go-crazy-for-new-iphone-5.html)with my colleagues and they suggested I submit an article of my own. Your site is just perfect for what I have written!
    Would it be ok to submit the article? It is free of charge, of course!

    Let me know what you think
    Contact me at anelieivanova@gmail.com

    Regards
    Anele Ivanova

    ReplyDelete