Pages

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

The app that will calm you down

Hello blogging world! It's been a while since I've blogged - life's events took over - but I'm back now with a renewed passion. Unfortunately I was recently involved in a very horrible car crash but instead of letting it get me down, I'm choosing to see that silver lining and am embracing all my passions in life. I may be a geek but the digital world and blogging is definitely one of those so I'll be back posting here with a vengeance!

Due to my nasty accident, I've recently come across an app, which I swear has saved my sanity. Anyone who has been through a traumatic event will tell you that the mental scars as just as bad, if not worse, as the physical scars. Flashbacks knock you sideways and appear at any moment and things fall apart just like that.

My problem at the moment is not being able to sleep. Every time I close my eyes, I see the crash happening in slow motion. I've tried sleeping tables, I've tried watching crap films (yes, even Eyes Wide Shut didn't send me into a coma) but nothing really worked. Until I found this fabulous app.

A must-download if you seek inner calm

The Simply Being app guides you through the meditation process and helps you try and block out the inner and outer noise, while you try and find peace. Even if you're a total meditation novice, this app will definitely calm you down and help silence whatever is shouting out loudest. After using it four or five times, I felt much calmer and able to sleep without the help of tablets or bad Tom Cruise movies.

Verdict: It's meditation by numbers and although it may not turn you into Dalai Lama overnight, I guarantee it will help you find some peace in this busy and hectic world!

No comments:

Post a Comment