Pages

Saturday, August 11, 2012

The app that will make you look gorgeous!

I like make-up. Actually, that's an understatement, I adore make-up. Not for me, a small cosmetic bag to keep my goodies in. No, I have a professional make-up box. Prior to that, I had a toolbox so I have downsized a little over the years.

I've always liked experimenting with my looks and am often first in the queue for the latest must-buy colour or brand, however, like most women I'm also guilty of getting stuck in a rut - mine is a smokey-eye-nude-lip-rut. Therefore, I was really pleased to discover the new The Colour Genius app from L'Oreal.

The idea behind this app is that you take a snap of what you're wearing and then L'Oreal will suggest some make-up colours to either match, blend or clash with your total look.

L'Oreal's suggestions for my outfit

As with all free apps, I wasn't sure how good it was going to be, but I have to say, I was pleasantly surprised. Firstly, I never really think about matching my outfit colours to my shades of make-up, but secondly, it really did give me some new ideas on how to use my my rather large cosmetics collection.

I love the idea that you can clash or blend - it would be a great app to use on a girl's night out when you're getting ready with your mates. Admittedly, it may run out of colourways but hopefully L'Oreal will add their new season shades when they're released.

Verdict: A fun way of getting more out of your make-up. The only downside is the colours, which are all  L'Oreal specific, but if you've got an extensive make-up collection like me, you'll be able to find something similar. A danger though for the purse...

No comments:

Post a Comment